When I was growing up, my mother always served Country Captain for Easter. It is a very southern dish of chicken and curry and tomatoes served over wild rice. She served it with brandied fruit - fruit baked with cinnamon, brown sugar, lemon juice and brandy and served hot. So my mother wanted something chilled on the menu and she served chilled broccoli marinated in her dressing. We still serve this same menu for Easter every year and hope you will join us in this tradition!
1. Cut heads of broccoli into quarters or smaller to be single serving pieces.
2. Steam these pieces briefly until a fork can just go in the stalk.
3. Dip in ice water to stop the cooking and drain thoroughly.
4. Place in a large ziploc bag and pour AR Reserve over the broccoli and seal the bag.
5. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours before Easter lunch or dinner. Drain and serve a piece on each plate with Country Captain, wild rice and brandied fruit.
We hope you enjoy!